Saturday, September 27, 2008

Another first for our growing boy!

It's the little achievements and milestones that Zachary experiences that really melt my heart! It feels like they come in spurts, and when they do, there are typically multiple stories to share. This week was one of those weeks with lots of cool firsts!

On Thursday evening (9/25), I was changing Zachary into his pj's and getting him ready for bed. To make it quick and easy for me, I left him sitting in his crib so I could go and wash my hands (which is just in the bathroom across the hall). I wasn't gone for long at all, but when I came back and peeked through the doorway, guess what I saw??? Two little hands over the edge of the crib, with a forehead and a couple of eyes peeking over. Zachary was working very hard to pull himself up to a standing position completely unassisted, and this was the first time I've seen him do it all by himself! I cheered and clapped, and he was just so excited and proud of himself, too! So much for quiet time and settling down for the night! This also means another chore for Daddy... dropping the crib mattress to the lowest setting possible and packing up the the cute mobile until it's needed again (they grow up so fast!).

Here's the reenactment of the little critter doing it again this afternoon... how cute is he?

No comments: